BlackBerry App (Now featuring Dynamic Traps!)
To install Trapster for FREE, go to the Blackberry AppWorld directly on your phone and search for Trapster or scan in the QR code below.
Location IndicatorThe “My Location Indicator” shows your current GPS location and follows you in real time.
Virtual RadarThe emanating red lines show the Virtual Radar alert zone. The alert zone is directional, and dynamically narrows and elongates as your speed increases. Icons animate while the corresponding audio alert is played.
Alerting and VotingTrapster alerts you to speed traps and road hazards as you approach them. You are encouraged to vote on traps that you see. Your votes help keep the TrapMap accurate.
Reporting Traps You SeeSimply select Report from the main menu to report a trap. When you select the appropriate trap type, it is placed at your current GPS position. If the correct position of the trap is different than your current GPS position, you can further pinpoint the correct location by panning the map.
PatrolAs you drive, you will notice some blue lines displaying on the roads. These blue lines tell you that other Trapster users have recently traveled these streets, and “patrolled” the area for traps. This inherently raises the confidence factor on the road.
Sound ThemesCustomize Trapster with one of 6 languages including English, French, German, Portuguese, Arabic, or Spanish, or select the fun sound theme that best matches your personality.
You are able to pan and zoom the map within Trapster to explore the map of the area around you. However, sometimes this will take your current location off the map. To return to having the map follow you, simply click on Find Me to re-position yourself on the map.
To report a new Trap, click on the Report Trap item in the menu or using the report button on your touchscreen Blackberry. Select the appropriate trap type from the list presented and you will see the trap placed on the map. Drag the map to re-position the trap on the map.
Click on Sound Themes from the main menu to select a new Sound Theme. Once selected, all trap alerts will be announced using your personalized Sound Theme.
Turn this feature off by clicking on “Patrol is Active” from the main menu.
Map/Terrain/Satellite: To change the look and feel of the map from your basic map to a Terrain or Satellite view, select "Map Settings" from the main Blackberry Menu on your phone.
You can also turn real-time NAVTEQ Traffic and incident alerts on and off by checking the “Show Traffic” box in the same menu. The green, yellow, and red lines in the image below indicate fast, medium, and slow traffic conditions.
- Enable GPS: Checkbox to enable GPS tracking.
- Allow Assisted GPS: Checkbox to enable assisted GPS through Network Location.
Use Trap Settings to control the units of display. The Trap Settings menu also allows you to set the Maximum display range and set the maximum number of traps to display on the map.
All actions related to Trapster Alerting are managed by control in the Alert Settings menu.
To set the geographic distance that you wish to receive alerts for, input alert range in miles or kilometers.
- Popup icons: Checkbox to allow popup icons.
- Play Sound: Checkbox to enable sound that accompanies alerts.
- Vibrate: Checkbox to enable vibration along with alerts.
- Repeat audible alerts: Checkbox to enable repeating alerts.
- Repeat Interval: Select the appropriate interval (5, 10, or 15 seconds) for repeating alerts.
- Alert when moving away: Checkbox to enable alerts when moving away from a trap.
- Dynamic Alert Area: Checkbox to enable the dynamic alert area. When checked, Trapster will modify the alert area based on your speed and bearing.
- Sound volume (hold Alt to change): Press Alt to modify the sound volume for alerts.
- Audio output: Select the desired form of audio output.
The Trap Filters settings allow you to customize the types of alerts you get. To begin, simply select a trap from the list.
- Include All: To allow all alerts, select “Include All” from the list.
- Medium/High Only: To allow only alerts on High and Medium confidence traps, select “Medium/High” from the list.
- High Only: To allow only alerts on High confidence traps, select “High” from the list.
- Exclude All: To prevent all alerts on a specific trap type, select “Exclude All” from the list.
- Audible Alert: Checkbox to enable audible alerts for selected trap type.
- Vibrate: Checkbox to enable vibrating alerts for selected trap type.
To change the language displayed in the application, select the appropriate language from the list. You will need to restart the application for these changes to apply.
- Keep Backlight on: Checkbox to enable backlight on phone screen.
- HTTP Extension: Enable HTTP extension options.
- Clear Cached Themes: Click on button to clear all cached themes from device.
Need help? Visit our support site: http://getsatisfaction.com/trapster
- iPhone Help | Download
- iPad Help | Download
- BlackBerry Help | Download
- Android Help | Download
- Windows Phone Help | Download
- Windows Mobile Help | Download
- Nokia J2ME Help | Download
- Palm Help | Download
- Garmin or TomTom Help | Download
- How-To Configure Garmin and TomTom POI's
- Garmin Quick 48 State Install
- TomTom Quick 48 State Install
- 1-800 Voice Reporting (USA & Canada Only)